Siska's rants.. and some other things

A lot of new things happen in my life and surround me..so I decide to write everything comes up in my mind, to remind me again of all the silly and interesting bits and pieces...

Friday, August 25, 2006

I did it.. (once)

Jakarta's control is over.

For my job, each of us are expected to have a project, do it and wrap it in a nice presentation to be presented in front of all big managers. Much more than that, we have to understand and grasp the big picture of all elements in the bussiness.

My tiring days and nights of reading, remembering, downloading, practising presentation, understanding all concepts and numbers of finance, QHSE, marketing, personnel, management and project.

On 24-Aug-06, the first session was meeting for management interview with the big boss of Indonesia. It went nice and interesting.

When he asked me at the first time of "how are you?" I answered.. "not very fine"
"why?"... "My heart beats so fast.. and it pumps adrenalin faster, but at the same time it will decrease my life by 10 minutes:p.."

The next 30 monites I sat down with Personnel Manager, it went sharp and quick, no time wasted for small talks.

Then QHSE, which was the toughest part in my opinion, mostly because I can't remember words by words.. of what is the definition of policy, standard, what is the difference between inspection, assesment and audit..

well, to be honest I don't care.. but c'est la vie.. I can just walk out and say that I don't want to go through this process.. finite...
But no, I didn't take that option, still too early for me.

Finance was just short and nice:)

Then came the presentation session. I was so nervous.. how if they find the project is to shallow, how if I lost the words and didn't know what to say. How if they asked difficult question which I don't know what the answer is. How if.. How if..

But it turned that actually, they were nice:).. with one guy that kind of "trying to push me by saying that this is not a project for me".. but I sense that he didn't really mean it.

Well, it went more than I expected it..in a good way.

I thank God for that.. and also thank for all the support and words i got from everybody..

Yes I am glad.. yes I feel relieved.. but this is not the end yet.. so Dubai, here I come!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home