Siska's rants.. and some other things

A lot of new things happen in my life and surround me..so I decide to write everything comes up in my mind, to remind me again of all the silly and interesting bits and pieces...

Monday, January 14, 2008

Pride and Prejudice..


Tagline:Sometimes the last person on earth you want to be with is the one person you can't be without.

I don't know what's going on with this girl, Keira Knightley.. Not that I like her or the way she acts.. but seems that she's blessed with good choices of films and the opposite actors:).
This movie: Pride and Prejudice..is one movie that I would never thought that I'll be able to keep my eyes awake until the end, but in fact I did, and I like it so much:).
It's true that I always falls for a cute british accent and environments in the movies despite different era it took:) after Love actually, then comes this one. Based from Jane Austen's classis novel in England around 18th century (which I hurriedly downloaded the electronic version and was trying to print it in the office to get a better reading and knowledge about the literature, after I watched the movie). This is a story of 5 siblings, 5 Bennets girl. The tomboy, stubborn Elizabeth (Lizzie) as the center of the story, Jane - the fair and lovely one, Quiet Mary, Immature Kitty and the wild Lydia. Their mother, Mrs Bennets only has 1 purpose in her life, is to get the wealthy and prosperous men to marry all of her daughters.

In one balls, the famously wealthy Mr. Bingley, his sister Caroline and best friend, Mr. Darcy comes. at an instant, Jane was clicking to him and they become inseparale. While Lizzie hated the best friend, the proud and snobish Mr Darcy - with his "quizzical eyebrow", dark hair and tight lips.

Not long to find out that Lizzie and Mr Darcy were actually interested to each other, but both keep denying the feeling and act as hostile to each other as possible.

The conflict comes when a far cousing Mr Collins came, by law he will inherit Mr. Bennet's wealth, unless he married to one of Bennets sisters. So he proposed to Lizzie, which she rejected, that made her mother were mad. While for the lovebird Jane and Mr Bingley, they got separated due to his sister and some misunderstanding.

All misunderstandingness leads to Mr. Darcy as the cause, made Lizzie rejected when he said that he loves her in the middle of the rain. After several things happened, found out that Mr. Darcy has done good effort to help and solves several Bennet's family problem, made Lizzie realized that actually he is a good man and she loves him. After Darcy's aunt come and warn Lizzie about not to get too close to her nephew. Darcy come to lizzie and again propose in his own words:



Mr. Darcy: You must know... surely, you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.

Which is one of my favourite parts in the movie, seeing him walking from afar and appear from the morning mist to come and find Lizzie and told her what he feels. Other nice part is when Lizzie explained to her father that she loves Mr Darcy.. her expression when she said that she loves him was so warm and cute.
Other nice parts:

1. When Mr Darcy hold Lizzie's palm to help her climbing the cart, after he let her go, he spread the fingers as it was electrocuted.

2. When the two of them finnaly dance (of course!)

3. When Mr Darcy helped Mr Bingley rehearsed to propose to Jane.

4. Everytime Lizzie said "Had I not" in her thick british accent.

5. all so english settings in the movie.. just realized that actually they got their dress dirty:)

6. When Lizzie tried to run and chased by Mr. Darcy.. they loss for words and so weirdly amusing!

7. The funny and lovable Mr. Bingley is just a matched counterpart for the calm and tight Mr. Darcy. Unfortunately the duration of the movie is too short for Matthew Macfayden to show all of his Darcy character.

8. The whole movie: altough this is a very romantic story: no kisses at all:)) (well, except the cut end that I haven't watched)

9. too bad that the pirated DVD I watched, cut off at the end, the film then ends when Mr. Bennet shouting " If there's some gentlemen who want to ask my daughters to marry, tell them I am at leisure" :))

*sigh*.. I just fall for this movie!



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:56 PM, January 20, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    welehhh aku baru ga online brapa hari....kamu kok dah blog nya banyak bgt n smuanya ttg movie...

    btw di adegan terakhirnya...ada yg gini nih "hello mrs darcy"...si mr darcy manggil elizabeth...so romanticccc...aku ini emang hopeless romantic bgt..langsung membayangkan diriku berada di posisi elizabeth, memandang mr darcy yg tatapan matanya bikin hati rontok dan kaki lemass....uuuhhhhh

     
  • At 5:49 PM, January 25, 2008 , Blogger vy said...

    gw blon nonton neh. kepengen cari yg tv seri-nya, soalnya yg maen jadi mr. darcy si colin firth yg maen di bridget jones itu... hihihihi...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home