Siska's rants.. and some other things

A lot of new things happen in my life and surround me..so I decide to write everything comes up in my mind, to remind me again of all the silly and interesting bits and pieces...

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nomaden


Well, being mobile is one thing that attract me to my current job and I've been doing the same over the last 5 years. I wouldn't considered myself as mobile enough as my expectation, since my airline's frequent flyer is never being upgraded from silver:p.

But, probably I was quite mobile, to- never appeared on family event's pictures, to - always missed in old friends reunion and weddings, lost track of this friends are married or having newborn babies or even change her haircolor:). only keep intouch with the rest of the world with a networking Friendster, 75% more of the daily conversation happened remotely, either emails, chatting, sms-es or phonecall. Unpacked and still full big suitcase at home (hmm.. this one is more because I am too sloth to do the unpacking right away..)

There are some good and bad things from this condition:
- Hey, being mobil is the one that I've kept asking my boss about!
- For those who don't know, Indonesia's big cities airport lounge is one of the best:), and cost nothing, welll we are talking about 1 Rp cost ( and that's mean.. 0.000106 USD), you can nib some snacks, read free mags, nice toilets and beer is available if you're lucky.
- talking about airport, dunno how I thank Periplus bookstore in Jakarta's airport for they don't cover and seal the maganize so I'll be updated with Hollywood newest gossips, such as Paris Hilton cut from the granddad wealth, or best and worst bikini bodies.. (gosh! those cellulites and wrinkles..eeewww, almost unreal to happen:D)
- there are always occasions such as "the last time doing this here", "the last time sleeping in this bed there", "my friends set me off to airport for the last time", including the last crazy party the night before the flight early morning the next day.
- People mistaken me to myself in other location, get it?, for example, I was introduced to one person, and she replied: "oh yeah, there is one other girl with your name in Balikpapan" then I have to replied.. "well, guess that girl is me as well":)
- I have lots of trouble with banking and credit cards information. Whenever I did phone banking, they will always request personnal detail, such as office address and phone numbers... and there where I always have trouble.. usually I asked back.. "give me more hints, such as the code area please"..:p

- Can't participate or even worse, throw an idea for weekend getaways or vacation together with friends/cousins.. since I'll be doomed if suddenly on that agreed date I am dissapearing.
- Loosing so many chance to plan the vacation wisely i.e. getting cheaper deal for the tickets and hotel by booking much in advance. Tell ya.. much in advance just doesn't work here!
- my back hurts, and probaly I must investigate if I should be much taller if I weren't carrying the heavy laptop bag here and there
- Always be the unknown girl who suddenly nest in one of the cubicle..:) and go to the pantry every 30 min to grab the tea and dissapear after a few days.
- Related to address, I happened to have trouble with my creadit card bill since I received the statement after it's due date.. my mails mixed up and I don't have anybody to take care and send it to my current address (hey, I don't have a premanent current address, remember!)
- Not only once or twice I arrived at the office bringing all war amunities (i.e: my gym equipment and all my stuffs in suitcase).
- Meet again old people who I never tought that I would meet again in the future - teach me that i must be good to everyody, no exception, who knows I'll meet them again and in the condition that i need them:) - (well, this one is a good point, don't mistaken it as bad point) - such as yesterday, I met the girl who I recruited 4 years ago.. now she's all mature with a big bump in her stomach that due in weeks:). Or the next manager is my classmates in the first technical course... some tweaked fate I must have:)
- Lots and lots of people to bring souvenirs or snacks.. well i do the same to other people too!
- Must befriend with the office boys, since the photocopy machines in the offices is user password protected - a good way to save some trees I suppose!
Which remind me, good with the IT, since everytime arrived in new offices, have to activate the entry card, otherwise I can't enter the room.
Whoa.. the list can be endless here.. but once again.. I enjoy it and want for more!






Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home