Siska's rants.. and some other things

A lot of new things happen in my life and surround me..so I decide to write everything comes up in my mind, to remind me again of all the silly and interesting bits and pieces...

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Cheers!




I am not an alcoholic (at least that what I admit). The first time I tasted alcohol was in a farewell party in Phitsanulok, a small town in north Thailand. That was on my vacation trainee program. At that time it was a merely new thing to taste, and of course it didn’t feel yummy. Bitter and some spirituous taste followed by a flying feel. Drink it just to be seen as cool and adventurous.
The journey was re-started again in Balikpapan, with so many parties and hang out together which 99.9% will involved alcohol, I start to explore more and more. To my surprise that I do enjoy it, and come to the point where I drink because I taste it good and to the point when I want to drink, either I was with someone and on socializing time or alone. I just enjoy the taste. I like it. Being able to drink a cold beer in a hot day or after finish the running was great. Drink red-wine with a course of steak and salad is complete. Dancing and laughing was amazing with a tequila shot and draft beer (well, just forget about the pictures your friend took that night). Baileys on ice will be perfect combination for a session of karaoke and dancing crazily in the pajama. Margaritas and wine and some unknown drink were superb in a never-ending dancing party and finally end up being thrown in the pool. Fruity cider and wine was great after a frozen quiche finished.
I won’t call myself as an alcoholic (well, who wants to?), but I truly enjoy the taste (and also the enjoyment after it).
My favorite is beer and wine. Quite a strange combination though. My favorite is a south-african red wine I drank in a company dinner in Dubai. White wine from Bali is wonderful as well when I had it in a dinner in Balikpapan. A variety of fruity wine and cider which I bought and finish completely 1 whole bottle in a night in Paris. Bottles of tequila flavor beer in Pau. Margaritas in Hard Rock Café Mumbai, Cold Heineken in Balikpapan after a golf tournament (note: I wasn’t one of the golfer, but I volunteered for the drink after that). Stella Artois I had in a dirty hotel room in Amsterdam. Vodka with chocolate milk in Blue Gecko, a small bar in Saigon. A cold 333 beer, a Vietnamese brand before a delicious seafood dinners. Australian red wine accompanies Gunther’s cooking once a while on Sunday evenings. Draft beer in Lamaru bar in Balikpapan. Baileys on ice that tastes nothing more than cold-healthy chocolate milk. Corona in 24th floor lounge in Renaissance Hotel in KL (use company facility is not forbidden, no?). even a cold gin-tonic I had in my apartment in Balikpapan, laying in front of the TV. Kingfishers and king I had in Taj Aquada Goa, side of the swimming pool
The enjoyment of alcohol has caused me miss it a lot in here. Where the wheatear is hot and not so much functions involved alcohol. I am so longing for a good occasion for a good wine and beer. Until this evening, I did whatever I could do to open a bottle of wine without any cork opener. I use my leatherman pocketknife, my steak knife (which has cut my hand and made it bled so much), my tiny screw drive and scissor to open the cork. Until finally the cork pushed inside the bottle instead of opened out. I was so glad when finally I zipped the light brown color of liquid, which now contains also crumbles of damaged cork inside.


And, tell you, it tastes good.Lift the glass and say cheers!

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 12:10 AM, April 21, 2007 , Blogger vy said...

    huehehehe... kelas berat bener loe!
    gw seh anti vodka (tapi kata chrys kudu nyoba dulu satu merk yg kata dia enak banget), gak bisa minum tequila banyak2 (ex-flatmate gw maniak minum tequila, gw dulu suka dipaksa2 ikut minum),...

    buat gw seh cukup desperados aja deh, atau martini bianco yg dingin banget... atau red wine yg rada dry. :)

    cheers...

     
  • At 10:50 AM, April 25, 2007 , Blogger Deby Suwito said...

    astaga..how could you remember in detail all the drinks you had in your entire life!? just to remember the name is amazing to me who is not a drinker!

     
  • At 1:45 PM, May 04, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    wow siska...so amaze on ur drinking capability...definetely a better drinker than me

     
  • At 1:46 PM, May 04, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    and hei...that's my wine :p

     
  • At 2:36 PM, May 07, 2007 , Blogger Emma said...

    hihihi...

    I should give you royalty for the picture of your wine...:)

    sudah kuduga kamu akan mengenalinya dan protes:)

     
  • At 10:01 PM, May 10, 2007 , Blogger  said...

    @Elvy
    Cobain Grey Goose aja ce hehehe... mix with cranberry juice OR pinapple juice.
    And if you're able to find a liquor called Hypnotiq (it's a lite blue color liquor), try and mix it with pinapple juice.. so good for summer heuhuehe..
    You have to try apple martini..yumm my fave huehuehue

    Have you tried Yellow Tail? It's an Australian wine. Try the shiraz.. pretty good and not that expensive either. I luv good cheap n free stuffs hahahaha...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home