Siska's rants.. and some other things

A lot of new things happen in my life and surround me..so I decide to write everything comes up in my mind, to remind me again of all the silly and interesting bits and pieces...

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Little miss sunshine is Huge fun to watch

Tagline: Where's Olive? / A family on the verge of a breakdown / Everyone just pretend to be normal / Welcome to Hell

This is the review of the movie from imdb.com:
"In Albuquerque, the housewife Sheryl Hoover brings her suicidal brother Frank to the breast of her dysfunctional and bankrupted family. Frank is homosexual and expert in Proust, and tried to commit suicide when he was rejected by his boyfriend and his great competitor became renowned and recognized as number one in the field of Proust. Sheryl's husband Richard is unsuccessfully trying to sell his self-help and self-improvement technique using nine steps to reach success, but he is actually a complete loser. Her son Dwayne has taken a vow of silence as a follower of Nietzsche and aims to be a jet pilot. Dwayne's grandfather Edwin was sent away from the institution for elders Sunset Manor and is addicted in heroin. When her seven years old daughter Olive has a chance to dispute the Little Miss Sunshine pageant in Redondo Beach, California, the whole family travels together in their old Volkswagen Type 2 (Kombi), in a funny journey of hope of winning the talent contest and make a dream come true."
One of the excerpt of the dialog:

Olive: Why were you unhappy?
Frank: I fell in love with someone... [interrupted by Grandpa blowing his nose]
Frank: ... who didn't love me back.
Olive: Who?
Frank: One of my grad students. I was very much in love with him.
Olive: *Him*? You fell in love with a boy?
Frank: Very much so.
Olive: That's silly.
Grandpa: [under his breath] That's another word for it...
I was speechles after finishing this movie.. not just because this move is really fit into my sense of humor, not only because this movie looks so ordinary yet so extraordinary.
Because this movie has a very deep value... not like what appears in the surface only.. with all uniqueness of each characters and the events happening... so my tears were bursting on the scene where all family members joined Olive on the stage....
Magnifique!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home