Siska's rants.. and some other things

A lot of new things happen in my life and surround me..so I decide to write everything comes up in my mind, to remind me again of all the silly and interesting bits and pieces...

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

This week 20-Mar-08 's highlight

1. London Philharmonic Ochestra - Sat 22 Mar 08

2. Al Ain Day tour - Sat 22 Mar 08
3. Thursday 20 Mar 08
- went to Lulu island.. a bit dull, only by myself and not prepared at all... but a good chance to explore. Lulu island is a man-made island, located on the coast of Abu Dhabi. Basically, nothing is in there, but the long white perfect beach, fresh water lake and swimming pool. Normally people come here in groups or family and do bbq at the beach or swimming. The water is crystal blue with lots of fish. I just spent some time there to walk on the beach and tried to catch the pick up bus back to jetty. The entrance fee (inlcuding the tour by bus, boat to and from the island is 15 dhs) add 5 dhs more if you want to take a train ride. too bad that the wheather (and sun) is alreday too hot to be outside within a long time these days)
4. Thursday 20 Mar 08
- Heritage Village. a tourist attraction nearby the jetty for Lulu island. They have a Museum and some copies of old times Bedouin race living - houses, cutlery, weapon, clothes.. as well as authentic camel, falcon, horse and donkey:)
5. One thing notoriously known from taxi driver a.k.a: Pakistani - they treat Asian / phillipines looking woman too general. They think that all can be "bargained". Those things I heard from my friend. But only today I experienced it myself. I hopped in a taxi from Herotage Village, and just after I sat inside, teh driiver asked me "How much?".. I was confused and replied "What?".. and he smirked and said " Dunno, you tell me...". I ignored him since then. It was irritated, but I thought that I don't eed to sweat too much on this.. let them do and think whatever they want too...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home