Siska's rants.. and some other things

A lot of new things happen in my life and surround me..so I decide to write everything comes up in my mind, to remind me again of all the silly and interesting bits and pieces...

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

If you thought of the worst possible thing might happen, believe me, it will!


Above title is not just a non-sense thing. I start to believe it (and I'd better have) after several times I recall that It actually had happened to me.

The last event was a bid submission, in which I am working for. For the last 1 week we were so busy and tied-up with this project, finding the equipment and cost, find the economical cost, find the estimation of project and operational expenditure. Be in the office and discussed about all of these until late at night. The momentum was tense and tiring. So the submission date should be the end of this.
I woke up in the morning of the sumission day. I didn't washed my hair and a-half-teasing myself of maybe this will bring a bad luck. Then I wore a black shirt, with 1 button missing (and again, teased my thought by saying: what bad luck it will bring). Just feeling to confident that everything ha sbeen prepared and planned in well manner and professional way.
Turned out that, we were disqualified, just because of the packaging of the tender documents, instead of sealed in a separate envelope, we put the documents together. Really that was a horrible moment, where all my body was powerless and felt boneless. Evetough this is not my own fault (tender department should have do that correctly as per standard)... but still, all spirit and momentum has gone.
Yes it's true that we can go around the way and get it re-tendered again... but the spirit just gone, away.

From now, as long as I remember this moment, I will try not to the the worst possible thing might happen, since it could, and it would!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home