Siska's rants.. and some other things

A lot of new things happen in my life and surround me..so I decide to write everything comes up in my mind, to remind me again of all the silly and interesting bits and pieces...

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Snake wine

For Elvy's request: One of the things that I've tasted in Vietnam is Snake Wine(rượu rắn).

On the left is the picture that I took. And on the right is the picture from Wikipedia. I went to a day tour to Mekong Delta, when in one of the stop they took us to see the traditional coconut candy and cake making. In the same shop, they also showed the snake wine and give a glass for each of us to taste it. Some of us wouldn't even think of smelling the glass, but some other had a silly curiousity of tasting this new things. The taste is a bit akward, basically it was a rice wine, but instead of the bitter-sweet taste it has, it has no sweetness at all.
The stinky smell that normally had by reptile is not so strong. This wine is wellknown in asian culture as one of the aphrodisiac and also a good medicine to improve the health. Don't know if this is true.. but to make it real tough, normally they drink this with fresh internal organs of the snake itself as accompaniment.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home