Siska's rants.. and some other things

A lot of new things happen in my life and surround me..so I decide to write everything comes up in my mind, to remind me again of all the silly and interesting bits and pieces...

Monday, November 13, 2006

Drinking milk before going to bed is good

"Lack of sleep is the single most overlooked health problem in the country — and it's only getting worse. Many Americans are chronically sleep deprived. Sleep deprivation impairs memory, well-being and even endangers life. Milk contains a protein that tells the brain to sleep, improving sleep quality and next day alertness. Dating back to 1500 BC, the oldest medical text advises poor sleepers to drink a glass of milk before bed. Are you among the estimated 126 million Americans who experience insomnia symptoms? Relief may be in your refrigerator! Try drinking milk at bedtime instead of taking a pill. —Sources & Recipes"

Source:
http://www.gotmilk.com/news/health/index.html

Well...
I drank a lot the night before I left Saigon, that is true.. but unfortunately: nothing of that I was drinking contain milk..
1. Gin-tonic
2. Heineken beer
3. Gin-tonic (again)
4. Champagne.. (I love the bubbles)
5. Vodka-tonic
6. Vodka-cocholate (Tasted sooo good that you wouldn't think that it would be harmful)
7. Rum-kahlua
8. Draught beer
9. Vodka-cocholate (again... remember when I told you that it tasted soo good?)
The night was Novi's b'day party. She had it in the terrace of Norfolk Mansion, the luxurious apartment that she's staying.
Despite of having been a great host for me.. she added it up with a party at the end of my staying:p.

The food was great: collection of bbq meat, kangaroo (first time I ate this meat), beef, pork, chicken, prawn, fish, sausage, lamb. Salads, and several lovely finger foods.
With the alcohol in between each bite and swallow.

Then the party was partially ended and we went to a small bar called Blue Gecko. And second half of the party started..

The bar was tiny, with just enough people inside, to give enough space for everybody to either sit down or stand and chat. Altough the music was a bit too loud...

And there it went.. my over consumption of alcohol that made me regret it not so long after I finish my last glass.

I went to bed in a very very very awful feeling and bad headache.. knowing that the next day at 7 am I have to got up and go to the airport.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home