Siska's rants.. and some other things

A lot of new things happen in my life and surround me..so I decide to write everything comes up in my mind, to remind me again of all the silly and interesting bits and pieces...

Thursday, November 09, 2006

A Night in KL (...inside the airport only)

Just because I am too cheap to spend the night in transit hotel KL.

But my gosh.. 120 MYR just for 6 hrs check-in??? sorry dude.. I am already well-prepared for that.

So I arrive in KL on Monday, 30-Oct-06 23:30 Malaysia Time. My next flight to Ho Chi Minh City will be the next day 09:00 in the morning.. basically I have around 9 hours to spend here.
I decide to stay in the airport only, I could've gone to my friend's place.. but it would be not so convenient since I will be arriving there after midnite..a nd have to rush back to airport very early in the morning..
So I decide.. oh what the hell.. I am sure I will not be the only one staying late in the airport (which not very long after I arrived, to find that I am not wrong with my assumtion).

So I brought with me a complete series of Desperate Housewives season 2, a several other movies, 2 books (which it turned that I didn't have a chance to read them), my jukebook with around 8,000 songs.

KL airport is new, huge, clean, nice looking ( better than Charles De Gaulle.. at least). It tries to be a counterpart for Changi Airport, which I would say maybe it will.. in a matter of time.

The number of people - passengers/airport staffs is not as much and busy as Changi.. which is good for me tsince it is very easy to find a place to sit.

Variety of shops and cafes are not so many, and most of them will be closed after midnite. But the good thing is that the bookstore still open 24 hours and the Burger King also does the wise thing to run a 24-hours open..:p

I arrived at C Terminal and have to take a shuttle train around 7 minutes to reach the main terminals. This is where all shops and facilities located. The train is great, I love it so much.. fast and modern.. very good service.

Then I wandered around looking at every shops to find things which might be interesting. Doesn't take too long before I feel tired with all my bags and stuffs inside.

So I start to investigate one important thing: the power terminal, where I can hook my computer and start watching the movie. Finally I found one, located in a bit deserted place, with rows of seats nearby.
Perfecto.. I open up the computer and start with Desperate Houseviwes disc 1. It was a good way to kill the time and not to let myself of being asleep. After 1 hour passing, my back start to hurt me and I have to move my legs, which I, then do the changing position more often afterwards. After the 3rd disc and the clock showed 06: 30 in the morning, I decided to stop.. moreover I notice couple of guys also watched the movie from my back.
I walked a bit again.. and then took the shuttle train to go back to terminal G.. which from there I went to the boarding room.
Well, obviously this is not the perfect night I've ever passed.. but I am glad that this is not the worst:).
PS: When I browsed about KLIA (KL International Airport), guess what.. alot of blogs from people about spending the night in KLIA.. and none of them are complaints.
Even in one testimony, a guy said that there are several things that make KLIA good:
1. No arm rest in the chairs
2. Cool temperature
3. Huge venue and not so many people.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home