Siska's rants.. and some other things

A lot of new things happen in my life and surround me..so I decide to write everything comes up in my mind, to remind me again of all the silly and interesting bits and pieces...

Friday, October 27, 2006

Goan Food

I created this posting and left it for a very loooong time still in the form of "draft" since my visit to India is sooo last year.
We did a short trip-weekend getaways thing to Goa, the smallest state in India (as I wrote in my other post) and stay in a nice hotel with a nice food (of course now the reason why I wrote the title is revealed).

Basically the food is a bit similar to other Indian food (I will be cursed by a lot of Indian-cooking expert by saying above sentence).
The influence of Portuguese cuisine can be seen by the difference of spiciness in Goan Food. The special sauce named "peri-peri" is used for roasted chicken, prawns and fish. It is also one of Indian cuisine that use pork as the ingredients.

What surprised me is that the dessert is somewhat similar to Indonesian/Thai dessert.. (wait, or did the installing the name tag at the dessert table saying "Thai desserts"?... oh crap... that's wahy it's better just to erase old post instead of pushing yourself to continue it:p)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home