Siska's rants.. and some other things

A lot of new things happen in my life and surround me..so I decide to write everything comes up in my mind, to remind me again of all the silly and interesting bits and pieces...

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Mumbai 2: Dadar TT Circle

That was my 3rd day in Mumbai..tired of wandering around Powai area, just 2 small supermarkets, 1 small bookstore and that's it.

The 2 supermarkets was not big and I have hard time trying to spend some more time there, because the sales girl came to me when she noticed I was picking one by one items and put it back again and I did it for all items in the whole 1 row. She asked me " what are you really looking for?"
I was a bit embarrased.. but how can I explained to her that I am deadly bored here...:)

So I realized that it was merely my own mistake. I was in vacation and I did nothing and I let time passed by just wandering around the supermarket only?
Well, I can't make the big change at the same moment (only a slight improvement by going to the book store nearby and spend another 3 hours..) but the next day I decided to to out.

Moreover after I found out that taking an auto-rickshaw or taxi is quite easy since they have automatic meter and no bargain will be required.
Small problem only if the driver can't understand english plus my pronounciation - however hard I am trying to imitate them - still hardly understood by them.
They have their own unique way to pronounce a word - such as Dadar; they can say it half with the mouth closed and no tongue moving and another half with mouth open wide.. so it will sound as (dae-DAR).

Then will full-confidence the driver brought me to the opposite direction, instead going to Dadar he took me to hotel renaissance - this I still can't find a logic explanation of how come he found the pronounciation of Dadar is similar with renaissance.. or maybe if my prononciation that bad...

Then after 45 minutes rocking in the rickshaw - as what we have in Jakarta also.
The driver stop at the taxi centre, apparently rickshaw is not allowed to go inside suburbs area.


Taxi in Mumbai is an old-no AC taxi, the price is slightly more expensive compares to rickshaw. But still considerably cheap and easy to take me to go around the town.

As it is documented, written, read in almost all articles about India - the traffic was horrible.
All of the vehicles drives recklessly if not dangerously.. which is somewhat still similar as in Jakarta. The street is jammed, which supposedly designed to be 3-way street, it will always be more than 5-way.

The funny thing I noticed.. a lot of vehicle write " HORN OK PLEASE" in the back of the vehicle. It meant to be an announcement that they don't mind if somebody else using their horn..
as honking the horns was something can't be separated from Mumbai's traffic.

Dadar is the name of the suburb located in the northern part of Mumbai. I walked around the city centers where they have lots of shops selling textile.
Can't deny that India is good for textile products. The price is cheap and the quality is good.. not mentioned the pattern which is very nice and lots of variety.

This parts of Mumbai looks quite old with old houses and trees. The street was not very clean with all the rubbish and fallen leaves.
I passed a large cricket playground with lots people just walking and sitting and spending some time under the trees.
A couple sitting and holding hands, a family, the grand-pa and grandchild was staring to every person passing by, middle aged women walking fast with their colorful and nice-fit sari.
How I love to see them and their sari. The color is so beautiful and bright.. and 2 weeks I was in India.. as far as I remember I didn't see 2 woman wears the similar pattern of the sari (of course my comment is highly depend to my brain memory)

I passed a traditional market that sells fresh food-stuffs. Bright colored peppers and tomatoes, corriander leaves and lady's finger are the most favourite veggie. Apple and custard apple, carrot, papaya and pineapple. All is prepared for the customer to buy..

As I walked and walked.. I keep thinking inside my mind.. trying to let loose and absord the vibe.. that this is India..

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home