Siska's rants.. and some other things

A lot of new things happen in my life and surround me..so I decide to write everything comes up in my mind, to remind me again of all the silly and interesting bits and pieces...

Thursday, November 09, 2006

If I am always "somebody's" GF.. but sorry, even this GF has a name!!

One thing among the others that I've noticed here in Saigon..
That every female (especially with asian-slash-vietnamese looks) should always be "somebody's girl friends".
That assumption has already explain why I've got a lot of scornful-look everytime I enter the pub with a westerner who they already knows.
Be it my colleague from the same workplace or his son who is 10 years younger than me.
The first seconds I am in, the girls in the pub always scrutinize me and won't share a smile.. then after a couple seconds later.. they will ask my companion..
"Is she your girlfriend?".
The girls will not look at me and talk to me in the eye before they really know where do I stand between them and my male companion.. whether or not they are really interested to the man. It looks like they consider every other vietnamese-female as the rivals.
Off course this assumption will be only from my one-side-point of view..
But if I notice.. everywhere in Vietnam is similar like what happen in Indonesia and other Asian countries.. where the whites (especially man) who live and work there is a hot shot -- as my cynical saying " It is the fastest way to happiness and security".
By dating a westerner..if lucky they will get married at the end either by natural going or by some soft-trick, such as knocking themself out.. and have a baby or two..
They will eventually live rich and no worry about the future.. and this is including all families.
This statement might be too harsh and general.. I mean it not only happen in Vietnam.. and it is not for all ladies here..
What I've heard from a friend, that if a lady accepted to get married.. they must have already considered the possibility of being beaten up by the husband.
It is like a package - you get a husband and also all the bad sides of it.
And also they will not be released from earning a living.. most sellers in the market and streets are women.
That is maybe the idea of having a westerner husband sounds like the best escaping way.
I am not saying that the idea is bad.. it is somehow is the right thing to do - logically, I mean.. not is not all about the money only.. love and happiness will come afterwards in most cases.
But due to the ratio between the women and their hot-shots.. then they are forced to be determined and find the right and fastest way.
Well, then again.. c'est la vie.. lots of different things happen

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home